Comcast Cable Television Services Franchises
Comcast serves appoximately 154,000 subscribers within the boundaries of the MHCRC franchise area with cable television, high-speed Internet service and digital telephone. To contact Comcast customer service call 1-888-824-8264.
EFFECTIVE January 1, 2012:
Final Portland – Comcast Renewal Franchise – covering all of Portland
- Exhibit A
- Exhibit B
- Exhibit C
- Exhibit D
- Exhibit E
- Exhibit F
- Side Letters: 1. I-Net Side Letter 2. PEG Side Letter
Final East County – Comcast Renewal Franchise – applicable to the Cities of Fairview, Gresham, Troutdale and Wood Village and Multnomah County
- 2011 Comcast and the Jurisdictions successfully negotiated renewed franchise agreements. The agreements were consolidated for West Portland and East Portland into a single franchise agreement. The Cities of Fairview, Gresham, Troutdale, Wood Village and Multnomah County are all parties to the East County Franchise.
- 2006 West Portland Franchise was extended until December 31, 2010 to align with the other franchise agreements. The West Portland Cable Franchise was originally renewed effective July 1, 1993, and was amended July 7, 1998, to incorporate upgrade, PEG, I-Net and other provisions modeled on the east Portland and east Multnomah franchises. To ensure that these latter provisions were met, the Franchise contained a trigger contemplating a three-year extension of the Franchise term to December 31, 2010 if the Company substantially met certain Franchise requirements.
- 2005 West Multnomah County franchise was incorporated into the East Multnomah County Franchise
- 2002 AT&T/Comcast Franchise Transfer
Comcast Cable Communications became the largest cable communications service provider in the country following its merger with AT&T Corp. The MHCRC recommended that the Jurisdictions consent to the change in control from AT&T Corp. to Comcast under certain terms and conditions. All six MHCRC Jurisdictions approved the change in control in June 2002.Documentation of the transfer and approval process from AT&T to Comcast: