Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission
Serving Multnomah County and the Cities of Fairview, Gresham, Portland, Troutdale & Wood Village
The Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission (MHCRC) advocates for and protects the public interest in the regulation and development of cable communications systems in Multnomah County and the cities of Fairview, Gresham, Portland, Troutdale, and Wood Village.
- Negotiate cable franchise agreements on behalf of the 6 MHCRC Member Jurisdictions
- Manage franchise agreements to ensure fair compensation for cable company uses of the public right-of-way
- Resolve cable subscriber complaints and provide consumer protection
- Grant technology funds to libraries, schools, media centers and nonprofits
- Advocate for racial and social equity in cable policy and legislation
- Protect local control of the public right-of-way at the FCC, in Congress and in the Courts
Need to get in touch?
Got a problem with your cable bill? Trouble connecting with your cable provider’s customer service or technical support? Need the MHCRC’s help? Get in touch!
Cable companies use public property (the “public right-of-way” – city/county streets, sidewalks, easements, etc.) to build and operate their for-profit cable communications businesses. In exchange for the use of the public right-of-way, a company must receive a cable services franchise agreement from the local government entity, which includes certain public benefit obligations, safeguards and requirements. The MHCRC was created by the Cities of Fairview, Gresham, Portland, Troutdale and Wood Village and Multnomah County, Oregon, (“Jurisdictions”) in order to negotiate and collectively manage franchise agreements on the Jurisdictions’ behalf. The following organizations fall under our regulatory overview.
The MHCRC Annual Report is now available for download. Click here: FY21-22 Annual Report.
The Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission (MHCRC) officially wrapped up the TechSmart Initiative for Student Success in school year 2022/2023 after investing nearly $16 million
The MHCRC Annual Report is now available for download. Please click one of the following links to access the document: MHCRC 2021-22 Annual Report, or