Grant Review Timeline + Process
• October 15, 2020: Grant Cycle Pre-Application Opens
• December 10, 2020: Pre-Applications Due
• January 2021: The members of the Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission (MHCRC) review the Pre-Applications and invite selected applicants to apply for grant funding by completing a final application.
The members of the MHCRC review the submitted pre-applications collaboratively using evaluation criteria and discussion questions. Applicants are evaluated on a number of criteria including meeting published eligibility requirements, proposed project clarity and robustness, as well as the amount of community beneficiaries served by the proposed project.
To support the MHCRC’s ongoing commitment to integrating equity into our grantmaking, additional equity-focused indicators are monitored throughout our grant review process.
• February – June: MHCRC staff engages applicants to finalize a grant application and contract.
Once an applicant is invited to submit a final application, the Grants Manager will meet with the applicant to review the application criteria and overall process moving forward. The Grants Manager will engage with final applicants in order to complete full grant applications and, where appropriate, contracts for funding agreements.
• Grant Term: Grant Implementation and Reporting Requirements
Grantees are expected to update the MHCRC on progress made towards realizing project goals and outcomes through semi-annual status reports. MHCRC staff and/or Commissioners also appreciate the opportunity to bear witness to your program/project through site visits when time allows. Grantees will be expected to submit a final report on the funded project including lessons learned, likelihood of the project continuing after the grant period, and sharing impact stories.